Thursday, August 8, 2013

Too Busy for God?

Good evening blog readers!

I wanted to post a blog about being busy. We all are to some extent in our lives in this "day and age" right?! I know some new stay at home moms, some that work full time, single parents, parents with kids in school and the adult is in school too or going back to school! It seems as though no matter our particular situation we all tend to get "too busy" for time with God...and this should not be the case. I, too, have been guilty of this.

I found this image on Pinterest a while back, and I posted it to my Facebook page immediately because I know SO many people that it applies to.



I'm definitely not trying to make anyone out there feel guilty, not by any means. What I want people (self included) to realize is that we SHOULD be spending time with God first. Don't you just genuinely feel better after you sit at church for a service? Or what about spending time with your lifegroup (or small group)? Personally, I feel rejuvenated and ready for my week ahead after a Saturday night (or Sunday morning) service! Spending time in the word is just as rewarding. When you spending time reading the Bible in the morning (or evening) you can find out so much about how you can become a more fulfilled person, about your roles as a wife, or mother. It is really like a hard copy "google" for living life. And there are SO many different books about different things to help you become more spiritually fulfilled. There are countless bible studies out there, and I cannot say enough good things about being in a small group - my church refers to them as lifegroups.

Lifegroups are such a great way to connect! My husband was involved in a Thursday night Bible study for a couple of years, and is now a part of the Mens Fellowship at our church and loves those nights with the guys. I am involved in our children's ministry department and we both are part of guest services and lead our "fun, young, married" group. These are the folks you can go to church and worship with and they share your connection to God and "get it"  These are the people that will be there for you if you have some kind of need, or just want to share good news! I have made SO many wonderful people from our church and couldn't be happier about it! When we first moved out to the area we knew NO ONE, I was a little sad for a while...then we found our church and got connected. Best. Decision. Ever. This October I will be joining 9 of my friends for the Women of Faith conference in San Antonio. SO excited to share this time of faith, worship and fellowship with my girlfriends! Basically what I'm trying to say here is... if you are not in a small group - get in one!

Try not to let your busy life interfere with God time... If you can't make it to church, see if you church posts sermons online - like mine! :) Online Sermons from Community Bible Church Bulverde can be found here

My thing though, something I have an issue with (personal issue I should probably let go!), is why people can't make it to church for ONE hour a week?! Why is it so difficult for some? Don't get me wrong, I understand family vacations and such, but I'm talking about you giving up one hour a week to spend in God's house as a routine. Sure, your faith isn't reflected on being in the physical building but don't you think after the sacrifice HE made for us we could at least give him an hour a week in his house? Just some food for thought!


That's all folks!

Blessings,





No comments:

Post a Comment