Monday, August 19, 2013

Funyungs

Quick blog about the Funyungs before I head off to work!

Yes, Funyungs, not Funyuns (the chips!). This is my silly, fun loving lifegroup that drives me nuts but makes me happy at the same  time! A little back story before my post...

Originally named "young marrieds" fellowship, it was lead by The Stirms and The Watsons (both couples who we are still friends with!). We met once a month for a short devotional, food and a game. Then a few years later they asked Tim and I to take it over because of kids schedules and time conflicts. Tim and I prayed about it and decided we should do it. Since everyone was getting older (I say that with all the love possible!) we voted to change the name to "fun marrieds". This past year, our dear friends Kristie & Shane jumped on board to lead with us! We are so thankful for them! Just this year we were having a goofy conversation and the "funyungs" were born!  We had opted to come down from meeting once a month to once a quarter (or so) for fellowship with the idea of different events throughout the year. We had our first event this weekend - a tailgate. My husband came up with idea months ago and it was great to see it come to life! I was worried we were going to be overwhelmed, but we weren't! Here are two photos from the group that day!



We had cornhole, washers, and ladder ball, and the guys grilled burgers and hot dogs. It was a good "chill" time and something different than we normally do, I think it turned out really well. It was hot - mental note for next time - we should NOT do this in August! :)

Looking forward to seeing what we come up with next!

Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment