Monday, July 8, 2013

Grass, Cats & Cedar, Oh, My!

So I started this post a long time ago and never posted! Whoops?!

In 2012 I had nine sinus infections, yes, nine. So far in 2013 I've had three. After discussing it with my husband I finally went and saw an allergist in the Stone Oak area. You can see her website here. I had to fill out a questionnaire (like you do at all first time doctor visits!) and I had to circle the months where I had allergy issues... which felt like every other month it seemed like in 2012! After meeting with Dr Trott-Gregorio she asked me if I wanted to go ahead and have the allergy test done that day. <insert scary music here> Naturally I had my reservations, such as not being poked by 72 different needles ;) She said it doesn't work like that any more and they are just little pricks on your back with the different allergens. So, I opted to do it! As it turns out, I'm allergic to most trees, grasses, weeds and cats! No wonder I was miserable all the time!

I started my series of 29 weeks (yes, 29) mid June and will be done around Christmas! My first visit I was educated on how to use an EpiPen. Scary thought, but handy knowledge! Since I am allergic to so many different things I actually need three injections per visit, this is not fun for me...I don't like needles. It will be worth it when it is all done and I can actually enjoy the outdoors! I will keep updated on my "allergy journey"

Blessings & Love

Amber



No comments:

Post a Comment